12.02.2015

Denim Flare.

(Jeans, Rock & Republic (similar here);  Sweater, J.Crew (sold out but similar here); Blanket Scarf, Madewell; Hat, Rag & Bone; Jewelry, Hermes)
Trends come and go and more often than not, they come right back around. Take flared denim: My mom had some awesome-looking flared jeans in the 70's and has the pictures to prove it. Had she held on to said denim, I'd totally be rocking them today. Instead, I purchased a pair for myself a few years back and actually got a good amount of wear out of them until they were "out." Enter skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are just so easy. They go with any kind of shoe - be it flats, heels, oxfords or boots and you don't need to put much thought into the rest of your outfit before heading out the door. 

However, this fall I decided to try my flared jeans on after skipping over them every time I reached in my closet to get dressed the past couple seasons. BAM! I forgot how flattering flared jeans can be. They give the illusion of lengthening your legs and due to the flared bottom, also flatter your waist. There are definitely some trends worth holding on to and flared denim should be one of them!

Photography: J. Michael Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment